- From Small Ash Lane to Mighty Quirks Grow?
- Sofa so good – bad to the broken bone.
- Coffee Porter – or how I made the bomb and learned to love it
- Probably afraid of craft beer?
- My Journey into homebrewing – a hobbyists tale
- Our (Bier) Huis is a very, very, very fine Huis
- A box or two from Booths
- Raising the bar
- @SgtStockport @WeirdBeard_Brew All the best IT. See you in 2018. Daft boys adventures ahoy! 2 weeks ago
- Well, that is a few quid saved! #johnlewisclosed https://t.co/PU1XG0Xt76 2 weeks ago
- Getting the jump on 2018 with a help from my friends x @WeirdBeard_Brew https://t.co/hI6ToqndhU 2 weeks ago
Blogs to watch
Gone but not forgotten….
See what is on this site.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A quick look around the Quirky Ales brewery in Garforth, West Yorkshire Continue reading
Close to five years ago I had a midlife crisis – I split with my then girlfriend, now wife and bought a BMW. Two instances of folly that, in the pantheon of worst ideas I have ever had, fail to … Continue reading
My latest foray in to home brewing has given mixed results – a coffee porter with the kick of a triple espresso but with the stability of a unbroken wild stallion who has drunk too much Sunny D. My first … Continue reading
Originally posted on A FemAle View on Beer:
Pic courtesy of Carlsberg If mass-market lager brands were afraid of the popularity of craft beer they’d probably stage a publicity stunt in Shoreditch… Carlsberg today unveiled a 3 m x 12 m interactive…
There comes a time in the life of every drinker that they think, usually after a few drinks, ‘I can have a go at that’ and with that in mind I headed up the homebrew centre in Morley. Twenty minutes … Continue reading
Having dropped Mrs BF off to get her barnett coiuffered I took the opportunity to pay a virgin visit to Bier Huis, purveyor of quality bottled ales to the good folk of Ossett and for many miles around I am … Continue reading
A trip over the Pennines to mediacity at the Salford Quays to see Simon Evans allowed me and Mrs BF to sample the delights of the food festival that was on; how is that for coincidence and not at all … Continue reading
The North Leeds Charity Beer Festival 27th April 2013. I had the chance to volunteer as barman for the Saturday afternoon/evening session of this two day event. Based over two floors at St Aidan’s Church Community Hall, just off Roundhay … Continue reading
Thanks for your votes in the recent ‘where do you buy your beer from’ poll. As can be seen the supermarket does best but from the comments posted (my thanks again) this would seem to be out of necessity and lack … Continue reading